Exciting news echoes through the environmentally conscious circles of Colombo District as the Zero Plastic Movement proudly announces the appointment of its new 2023/2024 committee. This dynamic team of dedicated professionals is set to collaborate with the ZPM Youth Club Colombo in leading and supporting impactful plastic-related initiatives. Together, they are igniting the torch of change, empowering the youth to take decisive action against plastic pollution, and forging a path towards a cleaner, greener future for Sri Lanka.
Introducing the Board of Directors
- Ms. Leonie Vaas – President With an unwavering passion for environmental sustainability, Ms. Leonie Vaas brings extensive experience in driving successful environmental campaigns. As the newly appointed President, she envisions a plastic-free Colombo District and is committed to harnessing the collective power of the community to achieve this ambitious goal.
- Mr. George Kathurusinghe – Vice President A strong advocate for youth engagement in environmental causes, Mr. George Kathurusinghe steps into the role of Vice President with boundless enthusiasm. His expertise in project management will prove invaluable in overseeing and coordinating the various initiatives undertaken by the movement.
- Ms. Yasara Gamage – Secretary Yasara, assumes the position of Secretary. Armed with excellent communication skills, she aims to ensure that the messages of the Zero Plastic Movement resonate with people from all walks of life, inspiring widespread action.
- Ms. Nuwani Gunasekara – Director of Public Relations With a keen eye for social management, Ms. Nuwani Gunasekara assumes the responsibility of Director of Public Relations. Leveraging her expertise in media and public relations to amplify the movement’s message and reach a wider audience..
- Mr. Randika Fernando – Director of Events Mr. Randika Fernando takes the helm as the Director of Event, His goal is to develop comprehensive programs that empower the youth with knowledge and inspire them to become change-makers.
- Mr. Pramila Silva – Director of Marketing A fervent believer in the power of collaboration, Mr. Pramila Silva embraces her role as the Director of Outreach. He will work tirelessly to establish partnerships with like-minded organizations and individuals to foster a collective effort against plastic pollution.
- Mr. Vimukthi Mahakumbara – Director of Membership Recognizing With a deep commitment to fostering a strong and engaged community, Mr. Vimukthi Mahakumbara takes on the role of Director of Membership. His inclusive approach aims to expand the movement’s reach by welcoming new members and encouraging active participation from individuals and organizations alike.
The Zero Plastic Movement’s collaboration with the ZPM Youth Club (Colombo) is a testament to the organization’s commitment to fostering intergenerational cooperation. By bridging the gap between seasoned environmental advocates and enthusiastic young minds, the movement aims to create a powerful force for change.
At the heart of the Zero Plastic Movement’s vision lies the recognition that the youth are the torchbearers of a sustainable future. Through mentorship, workshops, and hands-on initiatives, the movement aims to instill a sense of responsibility and stewardship in the younger generation. By equipping them with the tools and knowledge needed to combat plastic pollution, the movement empowers them to become active agents of change within their communities.
The Zero Plastic Movement envisions a future where plastic pollution is a thing of the past. With the new 2023/2024 committee at the helm, supported by the ZPM Youth Club (Colombo), the movement is poised to achieve its goals through united action. By rallying individuals, businesses, and policymakers around this shared vision, the movement seeks to build a strong and sustainable movement against plastic pollution across Colombo District and beyond.
The appointment of the new 2023/2024 committee marks an exciting chapter in the journey of the Zero Plastic Movement. Led by a passionate and determined board of directors, and in collaboration with the enthusiastic ZPM Youth Club (Colombo), the movement stands ready to take on the challenge of plastic pollution head-on. Through innovative initiatives, education, and community engagement, the movement is paving the way for a greener, plastic-free future for Sri Lanka. Together, let’s join hands with the Zero Plastic Movement and make a difference, one step at a time!