We Say No To Plastic
Zero Plastic’s mission is to create a behavioural change among Sri Lankan citizens to reduce Plastic waste while building a demand for plastic substitutes produced by local entrepreneurs.
We focus on three main goals
- Build social behavior change (SBC) for 3R
- Get people to use sustainable plastic alternatives
- Expand and empower Zeroplastic Club network.
Zeroplastic Movement: A thriving environmental organization with 9000 dedicated volunteers. Together, we raise awareness and establish Zeroplastic clubs across universities, schools, and districts.
What We Do
- Strengthened the force towards 3R concept – currently more than 9000 active volunteers
- Executed Sri Lanka’s largest environmental walk with over 4000 participants.
- Established Zeroplastic clubs across all state and private universities, schools, and districts, forming the largest club network across the country to combat plastic pollution.
- Empowered more than 100 SME entrepreneurs who produce plastic alternatives
- Introduced more than 350 plastic alternative products to the market
- Many island wide coastal cleanups
- Conducted many inter university ideathons, hackathons and competitions towards the plastic crisis
- Executed door to door awareness sessions about the plastic crisis
World Cleanup Day Unites Sri Lanka in a Triumph of Environmental Responsibility
Celebrating a Transformative World Cleanup Day with ZeroPlastic Movement
Sri Lanka Gears Up for a Grand Welcome: 1000 Shramadana Events Across the Nation
Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts Joins Forces with ZeroPlastic Movement for World Cleanup Day 2023 in Sri Lanka
Zero Plastic Movement: A Global Force Against Plastic Pollution
Star Garments Group: Title Sponsor for World Cleanup Day 1000 Cleanups Campaign in Sri Lanka
Why Volunteer For Us?
At this moment zeroplastic have volunteers from government and non government who work for achieve the objectives. You just might be we are looking for and this will be paving new pathways for you.
Click here to Register